Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Plan B...and C...and possibly D

I met with our Dr. today to discuss our fertility future. She wants us to do one more Puregon cycle if this one fails. I agreed that with the extra sample we already bought, it did make sense. Unfortunately, we don't have the money for Puregon so the only way we would be able to do it would be if the drug were donated (yet again). I wonder if we are a true charity case or if accepting the drug means a more deserving or needy couple will have to go without. In any case should this cycle fail, we'll do one more with either donated Puregon or Clomid. I am so tired of this road. IVF is so far out of reach financially. In fact everything seems pretty far out of reach right now.

Here I am, basically assuming this cycle will fail. What's wrong with me! My Dr. told me to reduce my stress level. I wish I knew how. I have so much on my plate.

I did have some fun today. K decided to join eHarmony and asked me to take a few pictures of her. She is very cautious but I think it's a great move for her. Plus, I think she's a catch! We had a fun photo shoot in the backyard and I thought we got a couple of really good pictures.

Tomorrow, I have to take M to the hospital for an appointment. It should be a bit of an ordeal but if we take it slow, I think getting him there and back should be fine. Men who are 6'9" were not meant to lose the use of one leg!

7 comments:

I Believe in Miracles said...

Welcome to the blogger world! I'm sorry that you're here with IF issues, but I hope that you find a tremendous amount of support. I know it has been wonderful to me. And I hope your cycle is a success!!

Want to join us for weight loss Wednesday?

annacyclopedia said...

Hi K, I'm Anna aka annacyclopedia. I just clicked over from the Lost & Found to say hello and welcome, although since you officially started your blog last year, perhaps "welcome back" is more appropriate.

I'm also doing dIUI, as my husband's vasectomy reversal failed and I don't want to do IVF (lots of reasons - mostly I just don't feel it's the right thing for me - and in no way a judgment on those who pursue it.) We've done 3 unmedicated cycles, and will likely be moving on to Clomid for our next attempt. If you don't mind, I'll pop in occasionally and follow your story. I wish you good luck with this cycle and as you carry on this journey. I know it how hard it is, and I hope you get as much support and encouragement from this blogging community as I have.

Happy said...

I just came across your blog and after 7 IUIs I'm doing a donor IVF because my hubby is infertile. I hope you don't mind if I follow along?

Somewhat Ordinary said...

Isn't 7 suppose to be lucky?

I just found your blog via Stirrup Queen's Lost and Found. I've been in the blog world for about 2 1/2 years, but around this time last year I went password protected. My husband also has non-obstructive azoo and we used donor sperm.

If you are interested in reading my blog e-mail me at somewhatordinary at gmail dot com.

Wishing you all the best this time around!

Leslee said...

Thanks for your comment! I like the idea that seven is a lucky number... I hope it works for you! And then I hope the seventh round is lucky for me too!

Good luck! And ignore people who say you're in the wrong frame of mind because it's your right to feel what you feel!

Leslee
babyattheend

Jendeis said...

Hi, here from the Lost & Found. DH and I are also dealing with male-factor infertility.

We met on Eharmony! So, tell K that it really can work.

Looking forward to following your story.

Anonymous said...

My name is Holly Lem and i would like to show you my personal experience with Clomid.

I am 28 years old. I got preg first time on my own & miscarried. after a while of trying, my dr put me on clomid. after the first round i got pregnant & miscarried. i decided not to try or think about it at all probably for a 9 months... right around the time baby would be due & then started trying again. after a few months got back on clomid. after 5 months and no pregnancy i'm giving it a rest again. it's to much disappointment. i'm going to give it a try again soon, in the mean time we're keeping our fingers crossed for the old fashioned way to work.

I have experienced some of these side effects-
HOT FLASHES, moody, cry easily, weight gain, headaches etc!!

I hope this information will be useful to others,
Holly Lem