Sunday, September 21, 2008

Life goes on

M's dad left on friday morning. I had to be up at 5:30 to take him to the airport. It was a good visit and he was a big help, especially with meals. It's a good thing my friday workload is light though because I felt like a zombie.

Life is slowing returning to normal. M is now officially not "living" in the living room anymore. He is able to unlock his leg brace and sit in a chair or get up and down from the bed which make both of us happy. This has been a very long and hard process but I think we're gonna make it. You can imagine what happened on friday night when 1. we were alone for the first time in 10 days and 2. were able to sleep in the same bed after 4 weeks :) I think I'm still smiling. We both really needed it.

The weight loss continues to go well. K and I did the teenaged girl thing and went to the mall last night. All of my pants were drooping and I was tired of always hiking them up! The good news is that I now wear a 14! Hooray! I think the girls working at the store must have wondered about all the giggling coming from the fitting room (left over from friday night?) but I just couldn't help it. I'm giddy. I bought a pair of black pants and a beautiful green sweater. One outfit only because I know I'm going to continue to lose weight. That's 2 sizes and 20 pounds down. I feel great.

I am grateful to have a lazy sunday alone with M. I love fall with it's warm days and cool nights. I only wish M could go for a walk. I think I'll make us a nice supper and give him a smooch.

2 comments:

Jendeis said...

Congrats on all the great weight loss! You are doing so good!

I Believe in Miracles said...

Sounds like a great weekend ;o)
Congrats on the weight loss! That's awesome.