Tuesday, October 14, 2008

25 down, 30 to go

Thanksgiving went really well. The food was terrific and there was lots of it. I ate a little of everything and was more than satisfied. Mmmmm. A happy start to the day was my weigh-in in the morning. I have officially lost 10% of my body weight (my first goal) which is 25 pounds! Hooray for me!

I went in for day 10 b/w today so the insemination will probably happen Monday. I feel like it's simply going through the motions. Of course I hope that it will work but there won't be an ounce of surprise if it doesn't.

S told us on Sunday that his soon to be ex has announced that she is pregnant. This came as a huge shock to everyone. It is NOT S's baby. She has stage 4 endometriosis and she and S had tried IVF in the spring but it didn't work so this is pretty unbelievable. Every once in a while, the "F" word worms its way back into my head and even though I know it's not rational, all I want to do it stamp my foot and scream "IT"S NOT FAIR!!!!"

K finally went on a date with one of her eharmony men. She had such a good time and is going to see him again. Yeah! I love dating vicariously!

I'm excited for my dance lesson to night with Juan. Even though he's barely boob height, just mentioning that I'm "dancing the tango with Juan" makes me feel saucy ;)

1 comment:

I Believe in Miracles said...

Yeah for 25 lb!! That's great. Congrats.